Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tanaka Farms

HI again!I've been a bite late on my posts so I'm going to make up for them by writing them these next 4 days.Okay so just this last Saturday me and my family went to Tanaka Farms to have something to do .We decided to go on a over priced watermelon tour that turned out to be worth it :D.So here are the details.The tour started early in the morning around noonish right after the previous tours that were going on .We all gathered in the tractor wagon to start our tour.The tour lady introduced us to some plants,fruit trees,and some ways they kept their small farm pesticides free along the way picking out fresh fruit and veggies for us to samples (plentiful :9).Nearing the end  of our ride we stopped at a large tent next to a huge watermellon field.There they sliced open some bigger veggies and then a variety of melons and gave use a mini watermelon to take home and eat.They were all so yummy:D.After that we went back to the main gates.We then bought 10 ears of corn at their small market(They tasted GREAT with out being boiled) for $8 . I would recommend this for the entire family and for people who live in Orange County,California .Kids under 2 enter free(but get no watermelon to take home).It is a great family owned farm that encourages people to appreciate what people grow.SORRY for my grammer.

I will post one of my OWN pictures soon enough-pic of pumpkin patch-not my pic 
(they also do strawberry tours were you pick out your strawberries and have seasonal pumpkin patches)

No comments:

Post a Comment